View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 2:59 PM

those folks over at the Los Angeles Public Library are at it again...........i know for sure, i would have remembered this aerial showing the Stuart K. Oliver house from above taken from a blimp!

photograph is dated 1965

Source: LAPL
(of course i could be wrong, and this photograph has been already posted, after all, a few posts ago we ascertained that i am indeed gettin' old)

and speaking of blimps...........................

(the international bank, (Bank of Italy) building is directly under the blimp)

same blimp a minute or two later

we had discussed the O'Conner Electro-Plating Corp explosion some months ago, here is what the disaster scene looked like from a blimp

goodyear lends the newsboys a hand with delivering the examiner

navy blimp bombs downtown with war bond drive leaflets 1945

view looking south at figueroa and west adams from a blimp. the harbor freeway is under construction next to flower street - 1955

Source: USC Digital Archive

looking east across 1st and figueroa on a smoggy day from a blimp - 1955

looking west across bunker hill from a blimp - 1955

looking south from temple and figueroa from a blimp - 1955

looking north across 3rd street and flower from a blimp - 1955 (i don't know about you, but this is the only image i have ever seen clearly showing cinnabar street and sack alley in their intact state.....at the same time!)

awwwwwww how cute, a momma and her baby.............................graf zeppelin and goodyear blimp side by side at mines field, (future site of LAX)

and after all that blimpin' around, you head over to florence and figueroa and catch a bite to eat here

Last edited by gsjansen; Apr 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM.