View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2014, 11:59 PM

The thing that really gets me on this is the colour. The ALT Hotel is looking pretty hideous and I am willing to bet that they will use a similar exterior for this proposal (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I would think that anyone who designed this would take a lesson from that project but to be fair, these designs were probably made before ALT was being constructed... and may probably change.

"We'll take what we can get" and "it's better than nothing" attitudes really do not help guide the city to make better decisions. I personally do not feel that Winnipeg has been doing the best with what its got in the last 20 years, but that's just me.

Anyways I totally understand that this a student rental project but I am sure that there are some close comparisons out there for a similar price marketed for a similar demographic, that look nicer. Now look, I'm not saying change the design, I'm saying change the colour so that the exterior isn't black! And I have been enlightened by Simplicity's well-articulated post that outlined some of Winnipeg's challenges and so now I feel like I understand that aspect a little bit more as well (so thank you!); but doesn't every other city have its own individual hurdles to jump just as Winnipeg does when it comes to proposals and construction? Just food for thought..