View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
Florida cities have this weird infatuation with "unconventional" transit while having a hard time with normal buses and rail.

Jacksonville built the world's shortest rubber tire metro then turned it into a mini monorail and last I heard they want it to be a guideway for self driving buses next. Tampa did have an elevated tram like this, from downtown to an island in the bay with some hotels. That got torn down decades ago to my knowledge. Then they went the fake historic trolley route. Miami has the metro mover, which is at least successful. But it's expensive and strange, its an overly complicated bus on tracks on giant ugly as sin beams above the street in a dead and ratchet part of downtown. Then of course there's Orlando's repeated attempts at private sector maglev monorails...

How bout some kind of conveyance that people will actually use to get to work and stuff?
I agree with everything but the Miami metromover being in a dead and ratchet part of downtown. Miami's downtown isn't as ratchet as it used to once be.