View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 10:46 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Does anyone know what the expected rise of Gas prices is going to be in PA/Philly area? The news was teasing it will be among the highest in the country.
Steve Keeley is making me sick with his windshield-perspective B.S. IIRC the gas tax increase is to $0.79/gal, which is still small potatoes compared to infrastructure needs. (Of course, the other side of that coin is that current infrastructure needs are also clearly well beyond the public's willingness to pay.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
When was service to Elwyn axed? The last time I checked, I thought Elwyn was the current terminus and that extension to Wawa was discussed. Personally, I'm still much in favor of extending the line to West Chester with stops at West Chester University, Cheyney, and Glen Mills among a few places.

The estimated cost of doing so I believe is around $350 million...
The biggest problem with heading to West Chester via Media IMHO is that it is extremely circuitous. Don't get me wrong: I agree that there are several important destinations along the way, but I think that folks commuting out of West Chester would favor a connection to the Main Line, say via 202 (which AFAIK runs partly along the old rail easement) instead. It would also be a logical extension of the existing Malvern train.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)