View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 9:49 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
My guess is that they will transition to steel once they are above the parking levels. I do not know this for sure though.
I confirmed with the Architect that the 15th finish floor level will be at 161’ above grade, and the highest structure point at 182’-2” above grade. The building structure is to be all post-tensioned, cast in place concrete (no steel structure). It's beautiful outside today, sunny and upper 70s - perfect time for a walk and another photo update. I tried to explore some different vantage points today, that will become more useful as this thing rises.

These first two views are from the top deck of the Kalamazoo Center parking garage that connects to the Radisson (north-west of the site):

And this view is from the Epic Center ramp, located south of the site. You can see the crane supporting the large foundation hole borer in the distance:

A closer look. Once the tower rises, I think it will completely fill the space between the 9-story Comerica Bank tower (left, black metal) and the 8-story Kalamazoo Building (right, red brick):

Here's a crude rendering to depict that:

At ground level now - looking east across S Rose St:

Consumer's Energy was there, doing some work down a manhole in the alley. Don't know if it was related to The Exchange or not:

The western half of the building is not as far along: