View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Who's losing their view at One57, unless you're talking about views west, but that building's all about park views, so that makes little difference.

And why would Extell give up the parking garage? So that a competitor can build a building courting the same clientele? A building which will block a significant amount of 225's views? And a building that would probably be designed with that specific purpose in mind?

Extell's not giving up the parking garage, unless Vornado totally blows them away with an offer. They have no reason to.
I was talking about western views. Not that significant, but the upper floors of One57 have unobstructed views of the Hudson... that won't be the case after 225 W57th is finished. Personally, I care more for river views than park views, but obviously that's a subjective opinion.

Giving up the garage (with conditions) could allow Extell to have a say in the design of 220 CPS, although that would seem unlikely. Don't forget that Extell owns one of the lots behind 220 CPS on 58th Street, where permits for a ~20 story building were filed.

Buyers at 225W57th won't be plunking down tens of millions for apartments without scoping out the area, so resolving the dispute would be in everyone's best interest... although most of the buyers at 225 W57th probably won't even live there so I can't imagine the loss of their park views will be distressing besides from an investment perspective. I wonder how much value will be lost with the obstruction of a unit's park view--I would guess 25-30%.