View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingwedge View Post
The former 6th and Alvarado site of the Los Angeles School of Art and Design is now occupied by this, planned by someone arguably unfamiliar with either art or design, or by someone with a keen appreciation of historical irony (and also possibly the designer of the building on the NE corner of 6th and Alvarado: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...tcount=13655):

GSV
Wow, I don't know that I'd cast that aspersion on the designer. It is a reasonably fine example of Southwestern leaning design as one might expect to find around Santa Fe, New Mexico. It seems to me the original appearance of the building is totally overshadowed by all the "crap" hanging on it and in windows. Not to mention that ventilation duct that would obviously not been there originally.

It would seem the building previously seen as being across the street from it suffers from the same "crap" problem. In both cases it appears the buildings are a form of a Mall with possibly two floors of apartments and/or offices. Both appear to be fully occupied which makes for a happy owner/investor.