View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
I found Bangkok to be cool to experience, but parts also felt like hell on earth walking through a concrete jungle in the hottest, most humid weather I've ever experienced. Don't think there's any way I could live there through a full summer.

I also never thought of Pasadena as a place one would come into conflict with too many hardcore Christians. Is the Hispanic population there still very religious?
Southeast Asian cities are chaotic. I like chaotic cities. Los Angeles is chaos; not on SE Asian levels, but chaotic nonetheless. Europe was nice, orderly... I'm so over Europe.

Not too much conflict with hardcore Christians in Pasadena, though some years ago, I did see Church of the Nazarene members at PCC holding up signs that said Repent Or Go to Hell or some such shit. Hispanics aren't overly religious, that's just a stereotype. Like most other Catholics, they're just Sunday Catholics and go to Mass on Sunday, if they even do that. And then of course there are the Evangelical Hispanics. But then there are the Evangelical non-Hispanics, too. Even Chinese people here have started to convert to Evangelical Christianity; I blame the goddamned American missionaries for that.

I've actually never been to Bangkok, but I don't care. We're planning a trip some time next year... Thailand might be one of the places we'll go to.

~ Charles Bukowski