View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2020, 5:26 PM
DRINK

We had our first child while living in a condo downtown. We were somewhat excited about doing something different.....but then the reality hit hard. The second we got home from the hospital it became a space crunch. Our 2 bedroom condo was 930sqft, so it was larger than most.

We moved into a decent sized two story home built in 79' when our oldest was about 8 months.

Looking back, it was a terrible decision to attempt to live downtown with a kid. The plan was always to have a couple kids and move into a house when the second was a toddler.

Frankly, we would have been robbing our children of their childhoods. The massive swing set and play house i have built in the back yard, our inside playhouse...that has been hours of entertainment for them and some of the best moments as parents watching them realize they can stick their little heads out the windows and always get a reaction from us, the dinning room turned into an art studio, the basement lego room, building my oldest her "big girl bed", the garden, the hours upon hours upon hours in the sandbox in the back yard, the oldest washing her trike on the driveway while i wash one of our vehicles, building snow forts in the backyard.... etc etc.

Next year, when our youngest will be old enough to learn to skate i'll put in backyard rink. that's going to be a lot of fun.