View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
On one of my routes from Culver City (where I worked) to West Hollywood, I remember that I would pass Chippendales strip club. (this would have been around 1984 or 85).
It might have been their original location.

If I remember correctly, the street was Overland Ave. (I worked in a building just inside the Overland Gate at MGM) -so it makes sense.

Before I found out it was a strip bar I thought it was a furniture store. (you know, Chippendale's..like the famous chairs) lol

Did I dream this location? Was Chippendales really located in Culver City? (not exactly a hot spot back in the 1980s)

So far, I haven't found any proof that Chippendales was located in Culver City. (this would have been before they became world famous)

I eventually switched to Robertson Blvd. as my escape route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

A 1982 episode of CHiPs, "Trained for Trouble", visited Chippendales - the storyline involved a stripper who looked like Ponch. According to this Wiki page about the episode, "...the club finally closed its doors on December 15, 1988, located at 3739 Overland Avenue...". That's only 100 yards north of the building you posted, e_r. It's now an adult day care.

GSV

Here's a screengrab I made of the sign.

chips-tv.com

I worked in Culver City from about 1977-1983 and I recall going by the Chippendales place, but like E_R, I don't recall this sign! I don't think I was by there at night, though.

If memory serves, that area is the "Palms" section of Los Angeles.
_______

Tierra Properties