View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Graham View Post
Chin, Thanks again for letting me remember about the studios on Sunset and the others. I attended T.V. shows at both CBS and NBC in the early 50's thanks to an Aunt who took me to every attraction in L.A. there was. Later I attended one of the dance party T.V. shows on KHJ as a teen in late 50's. After NBC was torn down they left the Guard Shack still standing on the Vine St. parking lot entrance. I worked for Grant Parking for a while and used that as the office for that lot. Even then I thought it was crazy to tear that beautiful building down. I will have to venture down to Hollywood and see how things have changed, it will not be a happy trip.
The destruction of NBC Radio City would have been criminal today. I am glad today that we have a better idea of repurposing these great buildings for modern needs. We're seeing that with Columbia Square and will be seeing it with the Aquarius which is being integrated into something new and a few others. So many buildings were lost that any kind of walk through is a bit of a downer. At least you had the guard shack. I know that's gone now.