View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 3:50 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The US still pumps out an obscene amount of 100-200m towers, if we take to account all of its cities. But yeah, NY is on another galaxy in the height category (have you seen Empire Station, and what can manifest from that... 9 towers, with a potential of 18-20 million sq-ft.... big stuff overall), but what has been going on in Miami or Seattle and even in some Texan cities is promising.

I think we'll get back into the skyscraper/high rise motion once this global rubbish clears up, but compared to let's say 2010... the last decade has seen a lot of our cities have big overhauls of their skylines or skyscraper nodes. In general, the U.S. is still doing well in terms of the skyscraper game. I mean just close one's eyes and ignore China if we don't want our ego hurt... but overall, we are doing ok lol.
Yea this is true, overall the US is a good (or great) place to live if you like skyscrapers since most places barely have them. It'd be nice to step up our game a little even if we never hit China status.

China has nearly 1.5 billion people and it's cheap to build there (even free if they use slave labor) Not a fair comparison with the US obviously.

I just feel that other Westernized nations like Canada or Australia build more per capita, and especially places like Malaysia or the UAE. Kuala Lumpur is barely a bigger city than Philadelphia.