View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
All the address above needs is a slight alteration to "1313" to come even closer to the Munster house.... I wonder if the gate dates from the construction of the house? It appears to have been built by William H. Bonsall in 1900. He died in 1905, with Peck moving in the next year.

Here's his obit from the LAT, July 21, 1905. One source says that Bonsallo Ave, not far away from 1315, was named for him, although I'm not sure where the extra "o" came from. At first glance I thought he was posing with his pet goose....

None of that block had fences when I lived there as a 10 year old here's proof. I don't live there anymore but here's a photo of me in 1983 (I'm somewhere there, the light skinned young kid with the long hair blocking half his forehead) I always loved those 3 houses on Adams and Ellendale even as a kid in the early 1980's. 1315 was always tattered-looking, even then! The house to it's left was facelifted in 83' and it looked nice, I lived there from 1973 when I we moved out in 1988 when I lived close to it. But all of Adam's Street block from Ellendale to Vermont was never fenced in. I looked at the Google street views and I'm surprised, sad how every single property along at Adams and Ellendale beyond Vermont is fenced-in.

Last edited by so-cal-bear; Sep 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM.