View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Nobody's mentioned it here yet, but this building is supposed to be clad in real stone... Gizmo do said "blocks of stone" like the Great Pyramid. I wonder how long it will take for that to get VE'd out....

Conceptually it sounds like they are trying to make the building a giant thermal mass that uses passive principles for heating/cooling, so maybe they can pay for the stone with savings from mechanicals.
When you have a multi billion dollar personal budget there isn't as big of an emphasis on cost cutting. I hope it is made out of stone blocks, that would make this design fucking epic. If this is like a melted pyramid of actual stone blocks that would fucking be insane. People just don't build things using that method anymore. It would be particularly ironic in Chicago given our structural engineering history. I just want to know what the silver thing on top is? Observation room? Mock up of the Death Star flight deck? Lucas' private party palace?

I don't know what to think yet, but it sure is weird. As Ardecila said, it all depends on the interior. I have no idea what is going on here, so I can't tell you how it makes me feel.