View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2016, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbange View Post

Yeah, that's the playground of MacArthur Park Elementary School, added on to the Primary Center. We built 125+ new schools between 2007 and 2012, and unfortunately a lot of really cool stuff got bulldozed and replaced with... well... a bunch of ugly, badly built schools. Kind of depressing.
Thanks for the extra information, jbange.

----------------

Today's Julius Shulman post shows an industrial building. The pictures come with no additional information. This is "Job 2768: Pioneer Plastics Corp., 1959". Maybe the mountains will help us find it.

Here's a closer view of the loading dock ...

... and the pedestrian entrance.

All from Getty Research Institute

Although quite a few of the Shulman pictures I'm finding at the moment are outside of Los Angeles, this matchbook proves that Pioneer Plastics Corp had a base in LA. The building above doesn't seem to match either of the drawings below.

eBay

The 1956 CD lists Pioneer Plastics Corp at 2133 E 38th Street, but I think the Shulman pictures from three years later show a new building. That's the only mention of the Pioneer Plastics Corp in the CDs - I'm assuming that the Pacific Pioneer Plastic Co is a different organization (none of their addresses appear to match the building above anyway).