View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
Honored Member

Thanks, Harry. I consider that high praise coming from you, not just because of your train pics, but all the wide variety of scenes you shoot. You have an advantage in some areas in that you have some fabulous kids to liven things up.

Have you ever checked out the view of the Metra Electric tracks between 57th and 59th along Harper, in Hyde Park? There are some strangely-proportioned old houses sandwiched in the tapering sliver of land between the street and the embankment, and during rush hour the trains are thick as fleas. There are probably some good photo opportunities in the gaps between the houses, as well as at the station underpasses.

I'm usually on the move to make an appointment when I'm there and my trips are almost always on Tuesdays, when the sidewalks are lined solid with trash bins that disrupt the view. In season, there are lush old-fashioned front-yard flower gardens in many places along the street. Robie House is just a few blocks away at 58th and Woodlawn.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]