View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 6, 2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Stranger View Post
Thanks to Fab Fifties Fan for his recent posts...fascinating real-life crime photos! And I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard of The Marsden/Bethany Towers, which is indeed a gorgeous building. I really need to investigate the east side of Hollywood further.

MikeD asked about locations for "Follow Me Quietly." I managed to track down a DVD and watched it...not a bad little B picture...and I took the opportunity to grab frames of the location shoots. I hope some of the resident experts can identify some of these locations.

these two images are on figueroa between 12th and pico, which at the time was the used car dealership mega location in los angeles. (now it's the staples center)

Kelly Kar Co. was probably the most formidable used car dealer in the country. they developed the used car bible, the kelly blue book in 1926, (which is still how you get screwed today on your trade-in value), and got out of the actual business of selling used cars to focus entirely on the blue book in 1962.

here's a view from the 30's looking south on figueroa from 12th street. if you look closely, you can see the Kelly Kar sign up the street

Source: LAPL