View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 5:41 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^yeah, it's a little weird to think of clayton as having nearly half as many 12+ story buildings as indianpolis. maybe the stats are off?

i will say that out of the 9 of the 10 major midwest cities i have visited (i still haven't ever made it out to KC unfortunately), indy did come across as the least structurally dense. and there also aren't any secondary nodes of highrises there like you can find in some other midwest cities (CWE in st. louis, the plaza in KC, highrises stretching north along milwaukee's lakeshore, etc.)
you should really make it out to kansas city, i think you would find it interesting. historically its sort of functioned as a satellite of chicago, both within the costra nostra (being affiliated with the outfit), and commerce/rail, as sort of a way to bookend the western influence of st. louis with chicago affiliated interests.

structurally, it came to prominence about the same time as indianapolis, but has multiple nodes like st. louis. it was also (partially) founded on a river, but is every bit the rail town.