View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsell View Post
I sure hope this is just a bump in the road for this project and not the end of it.

This might be my knee-jerk reaction but I blame the City. The reason there is no permit yet is because the condition of that permit was that the parking garage had to be finished first. If they had allowed conversion of the buildings in conjunction with the construction of the garage perhaps things might be moving along faster.

Another factor is that many potential buyers might like to see something a bit further along before committing. I would guess that it is only speculators who have bought in at this point, and they are probably hedging their bets.

I hope the Hardman Group doesn't get cold feet. They are probably just playing it smart and taking their time to protect their investment. Fingers crossed.
Quote:
"It's taken quite a while to complete the architectural design work," spokesperson Colin Whitcomb said.

'He admits for work to begin, other pieces need to be in place.

It's not so simple as a number of units - it's a financial number that we have to reach in order for us to get under way in construction. I'm pretty confident we will get there this year."
Not sure if it is the city to blame based on these statements. Sounds like they aren't in the financial situation yet based on sales. Perhaps they haven't even applied for all necessary permits yet because it is taking longer for the design drawings to be completed. Can't get a permit without plans.

Either way, I find this upsetting. I was so looking forward to this getting underway soon so we don't have to look at those ugly, piece of shit buildings anymore