View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 11, 2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkarlin View Post
I have also been told that all 3 buildings were to be on that same block, I cannot say that I ever saw a drawing or model. The layout that I referred to was what I believe one of the building leasing staff described to us. That being said, my memory or that persons knowledge might have been faulty.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) goes up on the other two parcels.
They were both to be on the same block one on the north side another on the South Side. They would have stood where the plaza and lawn are now and would have been identical copies of 311, but each rotated 90 degree to face each other. If 311 "faces" West, then the North tower would have faced south and the South tower North. Then you'd have all three aligned with one another with their chamfered edges aligned. Would have been an extremely impressive development if completed, but I'm not sure how successful it would have been aesthetically or from an urban planning perspective.

There is an image depicting the entire development out there somewhere on the web, but I can't find it. I did, however, find this article from 1986 describing the development:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...re-sears-tower