View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:09 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
The Washington metro population was 1.7 million circa 1968 when Metro was funded. That's exactly what Nashville is at now.

I don't see any commentators who are familiar with how Nashville is physically laid out. It has one of the most complicated layouts in the United States, filled with all sorts of nuance that isn't obvious on Google Maps or even when driving around. Superficially it looks like an ordinary place but it is far from it. I asked for specific recommendations from the nay-sayers. They don't even know the street names. They don't know how to pronounce Demonbreun.

Nashville is going to blow past places like Cleveland in size in the 2020s so let's not hear about the Health Line. It's small-time and Nashville needs a big-time solution.

oh please -- stop assuming. i lived in nashville and cleveland (and cinci and columbus and toledo).

there is no comparison. the fact is cle has a long and varied transit history. everyone knows someone who uses public transit, be it bus, brt, light or heavy rail and even commuter rail back when we had it.

nashville is entirely car dominated and has the longest of ways to go before it blows by anyone. one single brt test line would be light years above what is happening there, much less a full brt bells and whistles buildout like the healthline.

and btw there is nothing small time about about brt and the cle brt healthline, it's 7 miles long with 60 stations, it increased ridership 50%, and per wiki 'The Healthline is the top rated BRT system in the United States with a Silver rating according to the BRT Standard.' since you don't know a thing about it fyi that is the standard used for brt around the world and most if not all of these brt cities are far larger than nashville:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRT_Standard