View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 12:50 PM

Your P3 model is a very good thought and I’ve often wondered why the government hasn’t invested in something like that instead of putting band-aids on so many of their existing buildings. I guess money is the big thing but I don’t really buy that excuse, there seems to be money for other things.

I mentioned a few months ago (not sure in which thread) that it would be good to see a highrise residential building next to the existing Harbor View Tower (?) at the foot of Hamilton Ave.

There is no easy answer to affordable housing but by the same token there doesn’t seem to be much will to take the bull by the horns. Every now and then there seems to be a lot of talk, and round tables, and forums but they are never followed up with any concrete (or wooden..ha..ha) action.

I’ve often wondered if it is a political thing with the various levels of government not wanting to interfere in the free market supply and demand of housing. There are a lot of landlords out there making a good dollar off social housing rentals, and sadly there are a few who are really taking advantage of it.