View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Ironically, the '95 Chevy pictured above almost ended up with a GMC grille and stepside box. But inertia won in the end and it stayed as it was

(If you consider it a classic, you may want to keep it as original as possible, though.)
This one is just for me, I'm not too worried about it. It will definitely get a GM paint colour, that's close enough. I'll keep the OG grille around, it's not in good enough shape to sell really so could always put it back on..

Quote:
My absolutes are "diesel" and "not subject to Quebec's displacement tax"

You prefer the square 88-94 interior?!? Really?!? I dislike the square dashboard, always looked weird to me (those aren't my first GMT400s), but greatly prefer the door panels and style of the seats (they're more classic) over the 95-98 design.

Also, the 95-98 mirrors >>> the 88-94 ones, in terms of looks. (My '93 has the towing mirrors anyway.)

I recommend it

The truck pictured above only went as far as Texas, but I did the whole round trip to California already (with my 5.0 manual Foxstang convertible, 15+ years ago) on Rte 66.
Yeah, it's a nostalgia thing. My dad had a '89 and then a '91, and after that moved on to 2002. So the square dash is strongly correlated to the square exterior in my mind, and the rounded interior with the rounded 99-03 style. The 95-98 round interior just seems wrong in there to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
"Not being able to drive Route 66 due to the closed border"?
And not being able to go truck shopping in the rust-free South!