View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
nice trucks Lio! What a coincidence on the year/colour! It won't stay that way, I'm still undecided on the final colour, but it's going to end up a Chevy grill and a fleetside box.
Ironically, the '95 Chevy pictured above almost ended up with a GMC grille and stepside box. But inertia won in the end and it stayed as it was

(If you consider it a classic, you may want to keep it as original as possible, though.)

Quote:
If there wasn't so much rust I'd have considered keeping the cilour, but since it will need paint I'll pick something else. I bought this based on my absolutes - had to be a 2 door, short box, automatic, V8, with the older square-style interior. Trim/colour could be variable, and I was willing to fix a lot of stuff as long as the frame and drivetrain were solid. My secondary goal, along with actually owning the truck, was to learn how to work on vehicles. Never got much into it before but these trucks are simple enough mechanically that I can learn how to do things myself on them.
My absolutes are "diesel" and "not subject to Quebec's displacement tax"

You prefer the square 88-94 interior?!? Really?!? I dislike the square dashboard, always looked weird to me (those aren't my first GMT400s), but greatly prefer the door panels and style of the seats (they're more classic) over the 95-98 design.

Also, the 95-98 mirrors >>> the 88-94 ones, in terms of looks. (My '93 has the towing mirrors anyway.)

Quote:
I was just saying this week to my fiancee that I'd love to drive route 66 as a vacation one day.
I recommend it

The truck pictured above only went as far as Texas, but I did the whole round trip to California already (with my 5.0 manual Foxstang convertible, 15+ years ago) on Rte 66.