View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:43 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
I wonder if the Chicago Fire will revisit that site. Granted I think the Bridgeview experience would have them wary of venturing out of the city again but it would have a certain major perk as a new home.

If residential goes there I would, of course, love to see it be a real TOD and not some half-baked lifestyle center but that would be hoping for a lot.
Arlington Heights is a real wildcard. They've certainly allowed dense development near their downtown to a greater degree than any comparable suburb (although Elmhurst is catching up). I think the risk is that they will look for a silver bullet that can be completed in a few years instead of a real mixed-use project that will take a generation to complete. You know, a stadium or an Amazon megawarehouse or something.

Personally I'd love to see something like the denser parts of Stapleton in Denver or Legacy Town Center in Plano TX. Mostly multifamily with some retail and really nice landscaping/street design. I don't see it being a retail-focused project though. The NW burbs are pretty over-retailed as it is.