View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2020, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
Growing up near the Tom#5 i would go there pretty often during the summer, (we used to get the fries after a nice swim in Pico Pool next door to the Sears)and i have to say Tomboys is my go to, i go to both locations at least once a week. The best fries in the South Bay hands down.

Once i got older we would go to Pan Pacific Park Pool, and afterwards we would bike down 3rd and head to Fatburger on La Cienega (then to the Beverly Center) and again get fries. My Parents would go to this location a lot and say its the original. But i thought the original was incorporated into a low income housing unit off Crenshaw along the new Crenshaw line?
I am a big fan of Tommy's, used to eat it often as a teenager/college age, but now only treat myself maybe 1-2 times a year.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Carney's, also an excellent chili burger, and housed in actual old rail cars converted to be the kitchen and dining rooms.

Flickr

I always got a kick looking at the old black and white photos of them installing the train cars to convert to the restaurant:

https://www.carneytrain.com/about/