View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2020, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolian View Post
Here's an excellent article from the L.A. Times about Tommy's and all the wannabes. The interesting thing to me was Tommy's doesn't worry too much about them unless they really get too close to pretending to be the real thing. They see the imitation as flattery. Tom's #5 is mentioned.
In the South Bay, there's Tomboys which serves up a pretty good version of the Tommy's classic burger with chili - no beans, cheese, mustard, pickle & onions.

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2...gers-knockoffs

L.A. Times
Growing up near the Tom#5 i would go there pretty often during the summer, (we used to get the fries after a nice swim in Pico Pool next door to the Sears)and i have to say Tomboys is my go to, i go to both locations at least once a week. The best fries in the South Bay hands down.

Once i got older we would go to Pan Pacific Park Pool, and afterwards we would bike down 3rd and head to Fatburger on La Cienega (then to the Beverly Center) and again get fries. My Parents would go to this location a lot and say its the original. But i thought the original was incorporated into a low income housing unit off Crenshaw along the new Crenshaw line?