View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 11:33 PM

I live in SLC, visit Boise on business. This is my impression; Salt Lake has more towers and a larger downtown area wise than Boise, but Boise has a much more vibrant and dense downtown and more going on. I don't understand why the two cities get compared, maybe it is because Idaho and Utah have the Mormon connection and each city is the capitol and largest in each state. Boise doesn't seem to have the huge LDS influence. When I am in Boise on business my colleagues who live in Boise ask me how I can stand to live in the Salt Lake area, so I guess it is a two way street. Some people in Salt Lake dislike Boise and a lot of people I come accross in Boise dislike Salt Lake and Utah.
The two cities are completely different. Boise seems to be more connected to nature with the trees, the greenery, the river, the parks, etc and has a very healthy and professional business climate. Salt Lake seems to want to be considered a big city and has the more gritty areas, and the light rail, and the big interstates, and also has a professional business climate.

Last edited by Northernlad; Jun 6, 2007 at 11:51 PM.