View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
SHoP does a great job in the details, so if this moves forward, will be a great architectural asset to the city, despite the relatively simple massing.
Agreed and as I noted in another thread: "At the very least a mixed-use tower with 660,000 square feet of office space plus 588 residential rental units plus 10,000 square feet of retail finally meets the kind of mix I've been harping about... a post pandemic live/work project that makes sense.

Also think that SHoP's quote (below) may hint at architectural detailing that will be refined/improved. The devil is in the details and even a fairly refined early render is best viewed as a placeholder for a little while.

Given DREAM also hinted that Mirvish Gehry is active and coming to market next year, I think a neighbouring super-tall like 212 King W (with great materials) should have a simple built form... let Mirvish Gehry do the architectural gymnastics on this block."

SHoP:
"Mr. Pasquarelli explained that the design of the tower is broken up visually into two sections... He said details of the architecture, including the textured ceiling of the atrium, would be inspired by the existing buildings".

CIBC Square 2 - update

As a quick follow-up to my earlier post, demolition equipment is now on-site. You also see the recent extension work for the deck/park between phase 1 and phase 2.

mburrrrr