Thread: Regina Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2016, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
It has some big pros, but also cons:

Pros:
- Much better fresh food section than most stores (with the exception of fruits/vegetables compared to Superstore). The prepared stuff is really great, especially the pre-marinated meats, sausages, fish, etc. Also really good samosas for like $2.50 each.
- Online delivery/pickup
- Definitely the best service

Cons:
- Regular items (canned, boxes, etc) are more expensive than most stores (maybe non-member Safeway options might rival them, I don't know). You can offset some of these prices with a Save-On card, but not all of them.

If you're looking for some nice pre-made meals or meats/sausages then it's a great place. For general big shopping trips, I'd stick to Superstore or Costco. But it serves a niche and for people who don't care about spending a bit more (there is a market like that) it works. I go for the fresh and pre-made stuff, but I wouldn't buy $300 worth of groceries there on a big trip.

Also their self-serve checkout is much better than other places.

Interesting, thanks, i can relay this to my saskatoon troops here. everyones curious, 3 save on popping up in 18 months should be interesting for saskatoon.