View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2013, 4:41 PM
You can call me David

Long time no see!

Forum friends, a belated (and very guilt ridden) hello!

I've missed this place and apologize for my long absence. Last year I was spending so much time exploring the wonders of Noirish Los Angeles (both this forum and the city itself!) that I was neglecting some things...then I lost two family members and suddenly my attention was focused elsewhere. I logged in a few times to browse new contributions but there has been so much new content...I felt I'd lost my momentum here and that it would take months to catch up.

Anyway, here I am, still alive and enjoying Los Angeles. My wife and I still do hikes and city walks, but our big thing lately has been bicycling around L. A., often at night. Naturally, we've passed by hundreds of buildings and places discussed here, and it's been interesting to re-experience these locales by night, by bike.

A couple of "new" (to me at least) areas have piqued my interest. Colorado Street in Eagle Rock has a lot of interesting noirish architecture and seems to merit exploration and research. There are some great old motels and restaurants that look like they're straight out of the 40's and 50's. Another area that really intrigues me is Santa Fe St., downtown, which I think has been covered here a bit. It seems to have a lot of interesting old buildings and I believe this is one of the oldest streets in DTLA. I would like to know more about it and if I can get of my butt and contribute here again, Santa Fe St. seems a good topic.

But for now I mainly wanted to reintroduce myself, and say hello to ER and my other friends here. I don't know if I'll ever get through all the pages that passed me by here but having re-appeared finally, I look forward to seeing at least some of what I've missed over the last year. Hi again, everyone!

Last edited by 3940dxer; Jul 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM.