View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 5:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Honestly I don't mind if this building is 1,368 feet tall. You guys might kill me for it but that is my opinion. That reason is I am pretty happy to know that at least the height of One World Trade Center
is the same height as the old North Tower of the former World Trade Center. For me that symbol means it has been fully rebuilt regardless of what you guys think. I just like it the way it is. Just don't
kill me guys. I know that you are unhappy to know this, but taller towers will come. 225 West 57th Street, 432 Park Avenue, and etc will help us defeat Chicago so don't panic if this isn't the one...
Well first off, nobody is "defeating" Chicago. And the building won't match the height of the twins exactly in either form. Did we rebuild a tower of similar height? Yes. Is the skyline restored? Pretty much.

I don't care if the mast is included in the height either. Just don't tell me that mast as is was designed as an architectural addition to the tower, which otherwise looks fine by itself.

whatisintheblackbox

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.