View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 1:37 AM

Handsome-- Fantastic job--thank you so much for those Our Very Own screen caps. So the Mccaulays' house number was 1035, not 700... ok... and now I remember the Pasadena street lamps--the shortish ones with round globes. Ever since I saw this movie on tv when I was a kid, I have wanted to live on that street. Someone here was a Pasadena native---sopas! (i.e., "South Pasadena"). Where are you, sopas? Can you help us find 1035 Whatever Street if it exists? Dinner on me at Romanoff's, Chasens, or Perino's to the first person who can i.d. the street and post Google Street View shots here....

The "Long Beach" shots--the scenes where Jane Wyatt drives down to see Ann Dvorak--can anyone read that street sign? They're probably filmed closer to central LA, or maybe they're Pasadena too--

PS I don't think the Hostess Twinkie lady is going to get much candy from Farley....

I don't suppose you have Three Guys Named Mike on hand, do you, HS? Jane Wyman and the other American Airlines stewardesses lived in a real bungalow neighborhood in LA....

PSS: Cleats-- I have sometimes nerdily sent emails to LAPL and USC with corrections, always feeling sheepish about correcting the people who work hard on identifications. But when I've done it I've always gotten and email back saying that it's appreciated.