View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
I think passengers counts were fine. I'm sure fuel and running their own station made the route expensive to run. They should have hired out ground services to Horizon. Perhaps American Eagle doesn't allow that, I don't know. Plus, their times were unattractive from LAX and flying Eagle out of the remote terminal is a pain.

2012 is not shaping up as a great year for air travel in Boise.
We need some good news to come to Boise air travel. The destinations list on BOI's wikipedia page is filling up with phrases like "service ending on..." I was worried about the route when I heard that American's parent company, AMR is going through Chapter 11. They said in the article that the route cancellation is not related to the bankruptcy but certainly it is due to American's revenue problems. Here I thought that American was getting ready to connect BOI and DFW again! American Airlines though may be headed for a merger with US Airways, according to the statesman.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/1...p-through.html

Its rough to lose an airline, but at least we're not losing service altogether to LAX. United will continue to provide service. And maybe, just maybe, this will pave the way for Alaska Horizon to start up BOI-LAX again.....