View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2011, 6:44 PM
Meh

I found some new Austin postcards a few days ago showing some new buildings. You'll have to go to Walmart to find these, but they're the first postcards I've seen that included The Austonian, 360, Ashton and the Four Seasons Residences. They also show the Frost Bank Tower.

I collect postcards, and for the longest time I couldn't find any postcards of Austin that showed the Frost Bank Tower. I found one last year that showed Frost from the west. But before that, I hadn't found a postcard of the city that showed it. Most of my postcards are from the 90s, some from the 80s, 70s, and 60s. I found one from around 2001 that showed the tower cranes for Frost. But up until last year I hadn't seen any that actually showed the completed building. And then just last week I found 6 new postcards at Walmart that showed a bunch of new buildings. So anyway, if any of you collect postcards, too, check out Walmart. HEB has them, too, but I don't know that they have the new ones yet. And Target doesn't even have postcards. Walgreens used to have them, and used to have some really cool ones from the 70s and some neat ones of the UT Campus.