View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 12:08 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
I quite like the design.

Maybe you may be able to appreciate it more if you consider the context of the building across the street (E-commerce It hink) Anyway, it seems to use similar facade + it is a bit deconstructive + taller!

I think it acts as an "extension" of the E-commernce building and think it would actual look quite brilliant!

Imagine, 4-5 buildings - all glass lining up the René-Lévesque.

Also, at least for me, I find the older design a bit disconnected from its surrounding. With the new design, I find there would be a link between this building + E-Commerce, Icone + the IBM (the really tall one!)
For residential towers, I tend to like minimalist designs using high quality materials the best (and I like balconies kept to a minimum and preferably not hanging off the side of the building). This one seems to have too much going on, IMO. Maybe the materials will be of really high quality, but I'm a bit skeptical of what the end result will be. I get a mediocre generic Toronto condo vibe from it.

I know what you mean about the old design being disconnected - I would have preferred the tower part going up on the eastern portion of the lot. Maybe another tower going up on the western portion (like the proposed Hilton from a few years ago). I thought it was much more aesthetically attractive.