View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
IMDB

I don't know about Jane Adams, who might have thought of catchier screen name, but Mrs. Ron Waller was even more famous... the "Zsa Zsa Gabor picture" was apparently the Hungarian lady's 1958 masterpiece, Queen of Outer Space. Mrs. Ron Waller was known professionally as Marjorie Durant. Her claim to fame, even more than her memorable role as one of the "Venusians" (Venus being an all-woman planet for the purposes of the movie), was that she was (and apparently, is) the daughter of Marjorie Merriwether Post (which I think makes her the half-sister of the actually famous Dina Merrill). I'm no cynic, of course, but I can't help but wonder if perhaps Mummy's money helped her to be found "not guilty" of drunk driving....

USCDL

As captioned by the library:
"Mrs. Marjorie (Ron) Waller, 28, at wheel of her sports car in front of her home at 235 Entrada
Drive, Santa Monica Canyon, which is under 24-hour guard by private detectives
reportedly hired by her wealthy grandmother. Dog in pix is her toy French poodle VIP
(meaning Very Important Poodle)."

Why do I think that being under 24-hour guard and posing for publicity pictures is counterproductive? Anyway, the house at 235 Entrada Drive is still there, though remodeled and obscured by %&*ing trees. (Have I ever mentioned that I liked L.A. better before all these trees?)
__

All of this is so great GW! 'Queen of Outer Space' is one of the first movies I can remember watching as a child. The other two are 'The Boy with Green Hair' and 'The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T'.
__

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Dec 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM.