View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2008, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCool View Post
This is just a personal thing I guess, but I don't really like the 1st rendering.

I mean, the height, and design of the buildings are awesome!! But I hate that they all look like eachother. I personally like for each building in a downtown to have its own character. I would maybe even be ok with twin towers or something, but to have 5 buildings that all connect with eachother in design, with the blue things on the roof and such, it just looks too simcity to me. Does anyone know what I mean? Its kind of hard to put what I'm thinking into words.

My favorite is the HEB proposal, one because it would be SOO awesome to have an HEB downtown, but also from the looks of the base, the design looks pretty great too!
I have heard many folks like that design because of the HEB. Problem is we can't really see the design. I would like to see how the big picture looks for them....or is it there I just can't connect the dots? In any case..... perhaps the idea of another grocery store will be popular enough that the city could nedgotiate it into any proposal. (?not sure such negotiaions are possible, but can't imagine a company that wants to get this gig wouldn't consider such a popular move)