View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2006, 4:12 PM

Guys, I need some help rounding up all of the ASU projects to the Tempe list above. Currently, it doesn't have any of the stuff going up on campus. The scope: All buildings completed since 2000, proposed or under construction.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Sean, I see what you mean about Pulte's intentions. Hopefully, they can line up other land and Vela may still happen, and this doesn't end up being a zero sum game.

I would imagine some developers are worried the condo market in downtown Tempe may not be all that deep, especially with the planes roaring overhead, the powerlines, and the semi-funky nature of the neighborhoods around downtown. Thus, many projects are probably on hold while Centerpoint, Bridgeview phase I and Cosmo move forward. If they sell out fast, like Edgewater's eight-story building did (at $400 per square foot no less), then many of the other rumored/proposed projects should start moving forward. Also, I don't feel Tempe's downtown has really "made it" until something happens to the old flour mill and land adjacent thereto. That would be an excellent location for affordable housing, which is sorely lacking in all of these projects.

--don

Last edited by Don B.; Jan 21, 2006 at 4:17 PM.