View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 11:58 PM

Thanks, Patrick. I put some thought into what you were saying about color themes, and decided to neutralize all colors in the model other than the black/red/gold which I have been using sparingly for special components like writing and logos.

Sticking to a primarily white/plain theme adds to a sense of uniformity throughout the project while also giving me the added flexibility of being able to flip to a negative image and easily create fairly realistic pseudo-night renderings. It also helps ensure that I won't let myself allow colors or textures to start detracting from actual model detail.

I really like the premise of having completely separate color themes for different sectors, but for now to keep things simple, let us assume that Red represents the Communist Party; Gold represents the Capitalist Party; and Black represents the Common Party, or Nationalists. Various organizations throughout the Empire may employ a variety of combinations of these three colors depending on their political affiliation or relevance. Those three colors may be used together, or seperately. When all three are used together, they imply an element of commonality shared between the three parties.

Here is both a light and dark new rendering of Atlas Tower showing the change. At its base, the Daventry district can be seen, which includes a mix of Retail and Office space, Musical Venues, an Art Gallery, and a small convention center:

The Daventry district in more detail:

Last edited by JHoward88; Jun 6, 2010 at 12:42 AM.