View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2013, 11:57 PM

......if you overlook the bars on the first floor windows, the cheap fencing serving no useful purpose, and the bushes tortured against nature into shapes worthy of a Dr Suess book by the unskilled Mexican "gardeners".......

Other than that.......lol......

What I DID find interesting is that only the front and a small portion of the sides were done in Deco. The rest of the building looks to be plain vanilla brick. So we ask......was that the original construction? My guess is that the place was built @ 1920 or so, and fifteen or twenty or so years later the Deco was tacked on by the owner to keep the property in step with the times.

PS ......there's so much that could be done to beautify that entrance, for very little money, that to see it look like a sack of crap makes me cry. ------ Use the two young queen palms as twin centerpieces (they are only about 10-15 years old......though they f***ed up by planting them too close to the building ), lose the fence, widen the main walk to give a more open feel, lose the lawn and put in some small palms and shrubs beneath the Queen palms, maybe some bolder color paint on the first floor.......it's all so basic and easy and cheap...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I want to briefly return to the Kipling Hotel area at 3rd & S. Kingsley Dr.

It turned out to be a rather nice art deco apt. I was ready to leave the area when I noticed the smaller apartment building next door.

gvs

__

Last edited by malumot; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM.