Thread: Regina Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2016, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
i know shoppers drug mart was getting some pilot stores to do a expansion into fresh groceries ( produce,meat,deli etc ) and i know toronto had a few stores trying it out, and i heard regina was one of the cities to have a few pilot stores?

can any of you regina guys confirm on this? if it is true, how has it been ? or is it still up in the air type thing.
Most of the stores have a grocery section. I assume it's been successful. The store near me just renovated and kept the grocery section. I find the selection is hit and miss. I forget what I was looking for the other day but it was something I was surprised they didn't have. They seem to have a bit of prepared foods, a decent (not huge) selection of fruits and vegetables. You likely. Like the do your grocery shopping there unless you had a very limited diet but it works well for stocking up between trips to the grocery store. Having said that, there is an Independent Grocer in the same shopping centre. I have a feeling that there would be more focus on grocery if there weren't a much larger store 100 feet away. I think the 14th and Broad location has been quite popular and I believe their grocery section is a bit bigger. Which makes sense given the neighbourhood and lack of options near by unless you have $$ to spend for organic at Nature's Best.

It would've been nice to see Cornwall expand into the old medical clinic next door and have a large grocery section. Though I can see why that might not have been appealing for a pilot project.