View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 12:58 AM

eloquently written post, dante. where are you from originally?

i disagree with you on a couple of points. i really hope for atlanta follows a chicago model of development in the future, rather than the los angeles model you're basically speaking of. it's probably safe to say atlanta already has a much higher percentage of jobs outside the core than chicago does compared to its suburbs, and possibly even a higher raw number. to be sure, i'm definitely not arguing against improving and creating better satellite cities, i'm just suggesting the metro focus everything on the center.

i'm sure you're also aware of the reasons the forum is so anti-freeway; they've done so much damage to the fabric of so many cities already! the connector is a spectacle; sure it's an amazing piece of engineering in the same way a jet engine is, but who the hell wants to observe a jet engine in operation constantly? i would absolutely love to see the connector buried or downgraded to a larger boulevard in the future, and 285 beefed up to handle the diversion. is it gonna happen anytime soon? hell no... but we can all dream.

np: the flashbulb - lucid bass iii