View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 10:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckaluck View Post
I tend to view this thread via laptop while on the move. Unless I am working with a large desktop monitor, a screen capture is impractical. This is true even with a third party host. I've tried zooming out to capture the full high-resolution image only to find that the saved image is unacceptably small - thus defeating the exercise. Can you suggest a screen capture program or other methodology that might work with smaller, laptop (windows) formats? What equipment-software are you using and - um er, I assume you have no problem viewing posts?

With respect, reposts are sometimes hard to avoid. At one point I tried to revise earlier posts to include new finds. Obvious problem is that the new find in a revised post will often be overlooked by most long time viewers. As you suggested, providing a link to the original post or reposting an edited version of the original are probably the only realistic answers. There are times though, where it is nice to see many other photos in context or for comparison's sake and this could require an image-heavy repost.
I use Chrome and Windows 7...no problem viewing at this time but in the past I have seen the ''puzzle'' effect ER refers to. [Is hot-linking the cause of this? I seem to recall that was the problem but I could be mistaken on that.]

Also, my 2 cents, if I want to use one of the USC photos I scroll to the top of the photo and hit the SAVE button. A menu drops down and gives you a choice of which size you want to save to your computer. I think a direct SAVE is better than a screen grab[if USC offers it].

Here I have hit the SAVE button and a menu drops down. The only caveat is that USC does not allow one to SAVE certain photos....I don't know why...maybe they only want to sell certain photos.

USC page

Last edited by CityBoyDoug; Jul 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM.