View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the theory used by many of the folks given keys to the control boxes. Is it that ridiculously long (6 minute) signal cycles reduce the amount of time vehicles spend accelerating to speed? Or reduces the amount of the cycle lost to pedestrians crossing?

I wish Lolla could be made to pay for an entrance/exit ramp where the McCormick Place Busway passes under Balbo. That way the #6 bus could still get through the area in some sort of timely fashion. Ambulances too. And it would be useful for McCormick Place service the rest of the year.
Do you really think they work under any "theory"?

They're moderately amusing when they just stand there and twirl their arms around and blow whistles. The second they take control of the lights all mayhem breaks loose. Honestly, traffic would be better without them.

I'm sure we could all come up with examples, but for me it was the evening when I was patiently waiting to turn right on green to let the pedestrians cross. The "orange vest" person starting screaming at me "TURN, TURN NOW, NOW, TURN NOW". He was actually in my face when I pointed out the pedestrians I'd have killed had I followed his order.