View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 6:28 AM

Quote:

Dean Spanos feels moving Chargers to LA was only choice

“There’s regret in not being able to come to a solution that would have kept us in San Diego, absolutely,” Spanos said. “But at the same time, there’s an incredible opportunity for us in Los Angeles. It’s going to be a challenge, it’s up to us to compete and take advantage and put a product on the field Los Angeles can be proud of. But we are up to that challenge and my family and I are incredibly excited about getting started.”

“Nobody wants that,” Spanos said.

“I’d given it 15 years,” Spanos said. “There was so much uncertainty, so many unknowns on three different public funding sources that all would have been subject to a vote. At then end of the day, there were too many obstacles to overcome.”

“There’s resolution. There’s certainty. There’s approval.” Spanos said.

“And there’s peace of mind in that,” Spanos said.

“We have a plan in place we believe in. ” Spanos said. “It will be a process. There will be difficulties. We understand everything has to be earned and not given. But we also know if we put a good team on the field and give Los Angeles a product to be proud of, we will succeed.

“And it’s not just on the field. My family and I can’t wait to become part of the community. The whole family is coming down, and we’re so excited about becoming Angelenos. It’s an exciting time. It’ll be competitive. We understand that and accept it. We’ll have to fight hard for everything we get. But that’s exactly what we plan to do.”
http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/201...as-only-choice