View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 3:40 AM
Proud Homer!

Metro's North County Transit Center & Maintenance Facility

I think this is a very good adaptive reuse project. Planet Mazda in North St. Louis County (Ferguson, Missouri) folded - likely because of the recession - so St. Louis Metro (aka Bi-State Development Agency) is going to renovate the property into a transit center and satellite maintenance facility.

According to NextStop, a Metro's transit blog, "Phase I of the project will include renovation of the existing building on the property to include a transfer hub with an indoor, climate-controlled waiting area, park-ride spaces, and other customer amenities. Phase II will meet transit’s longer-term needs for an additional bus garage, bus and van maintenance, and additional dispatch capability.

This will be Metro Transit's seventh MetroBus center and the third with a climate-controlled waiting area." (Source)

What also makes this a steal, in my opinion, is that Metro won't have to seek land to build a new facility and the facility's access to the I-270 beltway loop. It's also good because it helps the retail market in that a vacant retail property is taken off the market.