Thread: Haunted Canada
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 5:16 AM
Ham-burgher

What about a freight train? Their brakes screech, and the steel wheels on steel rails can make very odd squealing sounds, especially going through a switch or along a curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
How could someone produce those sounds as part of a hoax on a global scale? Doctored videos are one thing but I heard it in person. Apparently you did too. I know there was some investigation of something similar done in Winnipeg I think where they claimed it was a street grader dragging its blade on a dry road in winter, but what I heard sounded nothing like that and was not off a main road. The other part was the feeling it gave both me and my wife of intense dread. No normal sound has ever affected me that way before.

Edit: I tried at the time to rationalize it or think of a logical explanation. The ring road was under construction at the time but this was later in the evening. I wondered if some piece of heavy machinery could have made the sound. Ultimately it sounded like nothing I've heard before. Like cosmic wind chimes mixed with stretching metal. Sort of similar to the video I posted but with more chimey sounds.