View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 11:07 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I'm going to be a total butthead here for a minute.. I haven't been on / used 15th street since the completion of the bike lane. My question is, why did we half ass this? Actually more like tenth ass this.. I know I'm going to get flamed from the bicycle extremists here but this bothers me and I like my bike infrastructure..

Now I'm going to put up photos and bitch about every single one..

This is the entrance driveway to the 550 15th street hotel. What do these bikes mean? How is this directing traffic? Oh, why aren't these bikes painted green?

Are we getting encouraged to ride on the sidewalks here? What? I don't understand what this means! Not painted green!!

Is this saying I can turn down Welton, or is it saying 'this is the bike lane'?

Let's look at these two pictures carefully. There are two different bike symbols that are two different sizes. How is this consistent?

Last but not least, any other city in their right mind would have painted the whole lane green! Did we only have one bucket of paint? This looks so thrown together, I'm kind of embarrassed of it. I'm not going to join the crowds and praise this thing.. Oh, and it's on the wrong side of the road.. I understand phase 2 will have bollards which is great but the street markings look awful.

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream