View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 1:03 PM

I finally had an opportunity to eat at Catch 22 Lobster Bar in downtown Moncton.
Two thumbs up!
A bit pricey as one might expect, but the quality and service were definitely there.
Strangely, they were out of clams but that didn't matter to us as they loaded us up with steamed mussels instead.
Portions were not over-sized by any stretch but we tried just about everything and it was all very good.
Oysters Rockefeller were the best I've ever tasted as was the white-fleshed fish that came with the Fishermen's Platter (sorry I can't recall if it was halibut, flounder or whatever.) It literally melted in your mouth.
The lobsters were done to perfection and the presentation was good.
There is a real art to properly preparing fish. Most places over-cook it. These guys, however, have it down perfectly.
I had the cheesecake for desert, which was nothing to get excited about. Others had creme brule and thought it was heavenly. One ordered bananas flambe and we all had a taste. THAT was the go-to item for dessert. Scrumptious and made right at your table with dramatic flames shooting high during the prep.
A nice night all around.